Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Figuring it out

Tuesday has come and gone again.  The dreaded laundry day was awful again this week.  Because the laundry card we were given with our apartment was about to expire, I was unable to fill it with money.  I was also unable to get a new card on short notice.  Therefore, I was unable to do my laundry on Tuesday.  My one day of week to do laundry was not to be this week.  That pretty much ruined my day.  I moped around most of the day, snuggling with Claire in the apartment and longing for my own washing machine.

Today, I woke up with a better attitude, ready for a big play date at my friend's house.  There were 5 moms and 8 kids and it was great.  All of the kids had fun, as did all of us moms!  I am extremely fortunate to have quickly found some wonderful friends here in Switzerland.  So wonderful, in fact, that one of those friends, the host of the play date, said I could bring my laundry over to her house and do it while everyone played.  Problem solved!  I drove home with a sleeping toddler in the back seat and a huge basket full of wet laundry waiting to be hung all over the apartment.

Making these new friends in Switzerland has gotten me to thinking about all of the friends in my life and just how fortunate I have been in this respect.  In every stage of my life, in every place that I have been, I have met amazing people who have become dear friends.  I cherish these friendships and I can only hope that I have been a good friend to those who've been so good to me.  So, to my friends who are reading this, I love you and I cherish you.  And I want you to come visit me in Switzerland.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are making great new friends! I'm grateful for your time in Arizona. And share your sentiment about finding awesome friends in each phase and stage of my life. You are one of them. *hugs* -Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too. So stop moving away! :P

    ReplyDelete