Friday, June 24, 2011

Craigslist

For some reason, Gordon and I decided that we would not need our pack and play (portable crib/playpen) in Switzerland.  Therefore, we did not bring it with us.  Nor did we ship it with our other belongings.  As we make plans to travel on the weekends, it has become evident that we will in fact need our pack and play.  If you know me well, you know that I love Craigslist.  Fortunately for me, Switzerland has a Craigslist.  After searching the Swiss Craigslist, which is all in French, I found a nice pack and play and went to pick it up today.  Getting there was a harrowing experience as I had to drive through vineyards on teeny, tiny roads with hairpin turns.  However, when I arrived, a very nice French woman was there in the driveway to greet me.  She showed me the pack and play, I agreed to buy it, we chatted a bit about where we were from and found that both of our husbands work for Nestle.  I left her house with a pack and play and an invitation to come back to their house with Gordon soon for drinks and appetizers (aperitifs, as she called them).  I love Craigslist!

1 comment:

  1. I figured that if you didn't find a Craigslist in Switzerland, you'd start your own! :)

    ReplyDelete