Monday, October 22, 2012

Parenting Advice

Are you in Switzerland and in need of parenting advice?  If so, you needn't worry.  There are parenting experts scattered throughout Switzerland and they're always ready to dole out the advice, whether they're asked or not.

Take today for example:  As Claire and I were making our way to her playgroup at ten this morning, there was a man sitting on a bench, enjoying his morning beer.  When he saw Claire in her stroller, he was apparently shocked that she was not wearing a hat or a scarf and he told me so in slightly slurred French.  He said that while it may be okay for me to be out without my hat and scarf (on a sunny 55 degree morning), it is not okay for her to be out like that.  He then continued to drink his beer.  Thank you, kind sir, for your words of wisdom.  Surely I will be a better parent henceforth.

No comments:

Post a Comment