Thursday, November 10, 2011

Long time, no blog

Last week, Claire and I returned from a month-long trip to the USA.  The trip was fantastic.  We saw many of our friends and family and it felt great to be in a familiar and comfortable place.  After a month away from Gordon, we were both ready to come back to Switzerland.  Last Wednesday, we returned to Vevey after an 8.5 hour flight to Paris, a 5 hour layover in Paris (where I was NOT allowed to bring my stroller through security.  Let me tell you, a 5 hour layover with an 18 month old and no stroller is not for the faint of heart!), a one hour flight to Geneva, and a one hour drive to Vevey.  Claire had a few not-so-great moments at the airport in Paris, but was otherwise a champ.  I am grateful that she is such a good little traveler.

We have now been back in Vevey for a week and we have been keeping busy and having lots of fun.  We are back to daily playdates with friends and I'm back to my twice-weekly French lessons.  It has been great to reconnect with our friends here and to get back to our not-so-new-anymore routine.  I feel like we are finally settling into our "new" apartment.  Great news regarding the apartment:  I used the building's laundry room on Monday to wash our sheets and I used the dryer to dry them.  When I put them in the dryer, I fully expected them to come out only half dry, but to my ultra pleasant surprise, they were completely dry and fluffy when I took them out!

This weekend, we plan to go to France to a ski sale as the ski season is quickly approaching!  I think I will rent for this year because I don't know how much I'll be able to go, but Gordon is definitely going to buy some as he plans to ski often.  Also on the agenda for this weekend is stick shift driving lessons for me.  Our car died a painful death in Italy and we'll get our new, manual transmission car on Friday.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment