Monday, September 12, 2011

Looking Out My Back Door

After a long, busy, and frustrating week, we are finally completely moved into our permanent apartment.  Gordon completed the exit inspection of the old place this morning and handed over the keys.  I am grateful that we had the temporary apartment to stay in, but I am happy to be out of there!  We've only been in our new place for 2 nights and already I feel more at home than I ever did at the old place.  We are right in the middle of Vevey, so everything is very easily accessible.  We have grocery stores, bakeries, playgrounds, and the lake all within a 5 minute walk.  Along with being in the center of Vevey, however, comes the city noise of the cars and buses on the street, but I think we'll get used to that pretty quickly.  It's truly a small price to pay for the convenience that it affords.  And the view!  We have a fabulous view from our apartment.  Here I sit at our dining room table, writing this blog post, and looking out my back door with a view of Lake Geneva.  And on the other side of Lake Geneva, I can see France!  I love being able to see France from my dining room table.  These are the things that remind me each day how fortunate we are to be in the place we are.  

This week is only going to get better because tomorrow, my mom will board her plane in Chicago to come for a visit!  She will arrive in Geneva on Wednesday and I can not wait to see her.  I miss her so very much and I am excited to be able to show her around this beautiful country.  Wednesday can't come soon enough!  Until then, I will keep organizing our new apartment and continue to make it into our home.

1 comment: