Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Friends

I just realized that Claire and I have either gone to friends' houses or gotten together with friends every day this week!  And tomorrow, we will go to another friend's house to play.  Our mom-baby social life is much busier here than it ever was at home.  It has been astonishingly easy for me to make friends here.  There are so many men who have been transferred her for their jobs and along with those men come their wives and children, and all of those wives and children are looking for friends, just like Claire and me.  So with a little searching, it has been easy to connect with these women and then meet up.  Being so busy makes it very hard to be homesick!  

2 comments:

  1. I hope I make friends as easily as you have. That is the one thing I am worried about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so good to hear! Moms groups are a must for a SAHM in my opinion. I just wish I had put my foot out there a little sooner during the early days w/ B. Love my mama friends! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete